Mission and Philosophy
“To Create, Develop, and Grow the best USSF-sanctioned organization to foster the growth and development of club soccer programs throughout the United States. The result of which will be to improve the level of play of the competitive soccer player, and thereby the U.S. National Teams and professional leagues.”
US Club Soccer is built on the belief that:
- Soccer clubs are the primary vehicle through which players are developed.
- While the state associations play an important role, as the vast majority of their players are at the recreational level, rules that foster equal playing opportunities have been their priority.
- Too much time has been spent governing competitive soccer rather than encouraging its growth.
- The business of the day-to-day development of top youth players rests with the club.
- A business-friendly environment must be created...
- to develop programs and services which assist the club and player,
- to provide a minimum of rules and regulations to assure basic fairness,
- and to allow clubs the flexibility to build programs that meet their needs.
- Clubs must work together to grow the club system.
- This includes speaking with a collective voice on important issues affecting them; assisting clubs organizationally and technically through our technical committee, staff, and club services programs; and coordinating player development with national teams and professional clubs.
Our programs and services continue to expand and develop, and we welcome you to join us.
If you have further questions or want to be placed on our mailing list, please contact us.
|CLUB SPOKESPERSON & ADVOCATE:|
As a National Association member of the United States Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer has a seat on the USSF Board of Directors. This allows the organization to play an important role in helping formulate USSF policy, monitoring issues that have an impact on soccer clubs, and serving as a spokesman for club soccer interests.
In addition, the US Club Soccer Executive Director and its Board and committee members possess many years of experience in a variety of important soccer positions. As such, they have developed relationships and are in regular contact with soccer leaders throughout the country.
US Club Soccer's ability to articulate views and positions on behalf of its member clubs via meetings, the Web site, media, and other communications vehicles, and to advocate club interests and initiatives with other soccer organizations, is an important role for the organization.
In addition, given the myriad of rules and restrictions and the oftentimes confusing nature of soccer governance, US Club Soccer will play an important role in assisting member clubs with local soccer matters, both in clarifying rules, and defining rights and responsibilities.
US Club Soccer members are urged to contact us at any time with questions and concerns, or with problems they may be having within the soccer community.