Staff Background Check
Click here to complete the staff background check application.
|WHO MUST SUBMIT A STAFF BACKGROUND CHECK:|
All staff who are required to be registered and are coaching players U-20 and below must complete the application. This includes all coaches, assistant coaches and team managers assigned to a competitive team.
If your team is registered as a recreational team or super rec team pursuant to US Club Soccer policies (i.e. teams that do not travel, or do not play in competitions outside the club, in-house league, or other similar programs in their area), minimally the head coach is required to be registered and complete a background check. (See Player Rule 105 and Policy 11.01). These staff members may not participate with a team until a background check is completed and a staff passcard has been issued.
|WHEN THE STAFF BACKGROUND CHECK MUST BE COMPLETED:|
The staff background check application must be submitted every two years - after July 1 in the year the passcard is to be issued or expires. Staff passcards will not be issued until the individual’s application is reviewed and approved. Rec coaches must only complete an application in the first year they are registered via the rec roster.
- There is no charge for submitting the staff background check application.
- You do not need a login and password to access the application. Once completed, a new staff passcard and background check is good for up to two years.
- You must complete this form yourself. Your registrar cannot do this for you. Any staff who completes an application on behalf of another staff is also subject to suspension or other discipline, and in addition may be subject to criminal or civil liability (US Club Soccer Risk Management Policy Attachment A, Rule 101.6).
- To begin completing your application, first indicate your state and then select your club from the dropdown menu.
- You must include a valid email address with your application. Failure to do so may result in the inability to successfully process your application.
- Complete the form in its entirety, read the language at the bottom, click I Agree, and submit. If you bypass any of these steps, the form will not be submitted.
- Once your club or team requests your staff passcard, the background check will be processed. Your registrar will be able to see when you have submitted your application and when it is approved (but not the background check information). Nevertheless, you may want to tell them when you have completed the application so they can promptly request your staff passcard if they have not done so already.
- We will contact you if we have any further questions or concerns. Please note that if we ask you for any more documentation, it will be kept confidential within our admin department and not shared with third parties. Otherwise, after the background check is reviewed and cleared, your registrar will be authorized to print your staff passcard.
- Registrars: you can see which staff have completed the staff background check by accessing your member’s site with the primary registrar’s password. See the link on the left side of the Staff Management page. Note that anyone completing the form for another is subject to suspension from the organization, as well as possible legal liability.
To check the status of background check applications completed on or after April 10, 2013, click here.
To check the status of background check applications completed before April 10, 2013, click here.
- Also note that its important to have staff passcards processed early in the registration year so there is not any delay in receiving your player passcards.
|FOR MORE INFORMATION:|
For more information on the US Club Soccer’s background check program, please visit the Risk Management Information Web page or contact your region's administrative staff member.
Reference Services, Inc. is the new background screening provider for US Club Soccer. They are an NAPBS nationally accredited firm, which is the highest achievable credential in their industry, and are one of only 30 out of 800+ firms to achieve this accolade. It ensures that they are experts in the areas of criminal record data, compliancy, consumer protection and best background screening practices.