Player Development Programs (PDP)
|WHAT IT IS:|
US Club Soccer operates the id2 National Identification and Development Program to provide an opportunity for elite youth soccer players throughout the country to be identified and developed while also being scouted for inclusion in U.S. Soccer’s National Team programs. The program includes a comprehensive national scouting and recommendation process to identify players, culminating with the top players being invited to attend one of several id2 Program Training Camps across the country.
US Club Soccer’s Player Development Programs (PDPs) are regionally-based identification and developmental programs conducted within the id2 Program umbrella and centered around the National Premier Leagues in specific geographic areas.
The Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) also conducts PDPs, which provide an opportunity for the top players within every ECNL Conference to play with and against the best players within their region at multiple age groups, and to attend presentations from leading coaches or experts in elite athlete development
PDPs are based upon scouting within these clubs and leagues as well as recommendations from Director of Coaching. Based upon this scouting and recommendation process, top players are invited to periodic PDP events, which include training sessions, as well as an educational component.
id2 Program staff are on-site at PDP events to scout players for potential inclusion in id2 Program Training Camps, and U.S. Soccer staff are on-site to scout players for potential U.S. National Team inclusion as well as conduct off-the-field lectures, seminars, coaching and other related discussions.
PDPs are operated directly by US Club Soccer, or are sanctioned and closely controlled by US Club Soccer with operations handled by selected staff from the local leagues. Both the id2 Program and PDP have been granted Olympic Development Program status.
|PDP MINIMUM STANDARDS:|
- U.S. Soccer staff on-site to scout players for inclusion in U.S. Soccer National Teams.
- US Club Soccer’s id2 Program staff on-site to scout national team-level players for inclusion in id2 Program Training Camps.
- An opportunity to play with and against some of the area’s top players in the age group.
- Top-level facilities and equipment, including one (1) full-size 11 vs. 11 field and referees.
- Participation of the top players within the relevant geographic area based upon an approved scouting and recommendation process.
|PDP EVENT SCHEDULE:|
All PDP events generally include the following base programming:
- First 11 vs. 11 game (80-90 minutes depending on age group)
- Presentation to the players from U.S. Soccer staff, technical leaders, or subject matter experts
- Second 11 vs. 11 game (80-90 minutes depending on age group)
|UPCOMING PDP EVENTS:|
US Club Soccer PDP: Midwest Developmental League
April 6, 2013 | St. Louis, Mo.
US Club Soccer PDP: Southeast Pre-Academy League
May 25, 2013 | WRAL Soccer Center | Raleigh, N.C.
Boys born in 2000
US Club Soccer PDP: Northeast Pre-Academy League
June 15, 2013 | Classics Park | Lancaster, Pa.
Boys born in 2000