Members may sanction their tournaments through US Club Soccer without a tournament sanctioning fee.
US Club Soccer Tournament Sanctioning Benefits:
- Both US Club Soccer teams and teams registered with other USSF-affiliates may participate in a US Club Soccer sanctioned tournament. State associations cannot prohibit their teams' attendance.
- The tournament may establish its own roster and competition rules, which need to be approved by US Club Soccer, but players will be allowed to "play up" in age group.
- Loan rules to allow players to play on teams from other clubs for the purposes of tournament participation are encouraged, but will be reviewed as part of the tournament's proposed competition rules, and ultimately are for the tournament host to decide.
- There is liability and medical insurance coverage for all US Club Soccer teams and participants. Also, there is optional tournament insurance available for the entire tournament or for individual non-US Club Soccer teams where the State Association has denied them insurance to attend. Information on tournament-wide insurance can be found in the "Members Only" area of the web site. Individual teams in need of more information regarding insurance can find it here. Completed forms and any questions regarding individual team insurance can be addressed to Sharlene Zwing (email@example.com).
A tournament application can be found in the Members Only section of the web site. Please note that if you are applying for tournament sanctioning within 60 days of your event, special permission is needed before your application is submitted. Please contact your regional representative regarding this matter.
As the approval of applications is based in part on the host club being a member in good standing at the time of the tournament, hosting applications are processed during the following windows:
- From Jan. 1 through June 30, applications will be processed for events taking place through Dec. 31 of that calendar year.
- From July 1 through Dec. 31, applications will be processed through June 30 of the following calendar year.
Tournaments must be sanctioned before they can be advertised as being sanctioned by US Club Soccer.
In lieu of the tournament sanctioning fee, US Club Soccer requires a commitment, upon request, to do the following:
- Place a US Club Soccer advertising in tournament printings
- Place a US Club Soccer banner on the tournament website
- Place US Club Soccer information in team registration materials
- Provide a list of attendees at conclusion of the tournament
For more information on a US Youth Soccer member attending a US Club Soccer sanctioned tournament: Non-member attending a US Club Soccer tournament.
For more information on US Club Soccer sanctioned tournament rules, see Policies.