New York Club Soccer League - NPL Division to include girls beginning in 2012-13 season
New York Club Soccer League website | NationalPremierLeagues.com
CHARLESTON, S.C. (May 17, 2012) – US Club Soccer is pleased to announce that the New York Club Soccer League (NYCSL) National Premier Leagues (NPL) Division will include girls in the 2012-13 season.
The girls NYCSL - NPL Division will include the U-12 through U-18 age groups and is comprised of 10 initial clubs:
• HBC (NY)
• ISA (NY)
• Massapequa SC (NY)
• Match Fit Academy (NJ)
• NJ Crush (NJ)
• New York Rush (NY)
• North Rockland SA (NY)
• Oakwood SC (CT)
• Parsippany SC (NJ)
• Yankee United (CT)
“We are excited about the special and unique opportunities that US Club Soccer and the National Premier Leagues will provide to our New York Club Soccer League members,” said NYCSL President Gary Grossman. “The NPL is a progressive approach to putting player development as the paramount priority for our members through nationally competitive play on a club-based platform.
“Our girls NPL Division features some of the best and most nationally recognized club programs in the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut areas,” continued Grossman. “We are proud that we are able to bring these opportunities to our NYCSL members and excited for the upcoming season.”
“It is exciting to see the NPL vision take shape on the female side of the game in the Northeast,” said NPL General Manager Chris Baer. “We expect to add girls divisions in other markets as well in the near future.”
“Intense Soccer Academy (ISA) is honored to join the NYCSL,” said ISA Director Ron Alber. “We are grateful for US Club Soccer and their ambition and insight to create an environment for nationally competitive clubs to compete in a like-minded environment.”
The NYCSL also hosts the New York Cup, which will conclude its 2012 edition on May 20 at the HBC Complex in Melville, N.Y.
The NPL has been created to provide a unified, league-based national developmental platform and to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape based upon fundamental principles outlined in US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision.
For more information on the New York Club Soccer League, please contact Gary Grossman at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the NPL, please contact NPL General Manager Chris Baer at (614) 783-2237 or email@example.com.
|ABOUT THE NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES:|
US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues have been created to provide a national competitive developmental platform:
• focused on long-term player development;
• for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios;
• that allows players to be scouted and evaluated by U.S. Soccer National Staff and Technical Advisors;
• that is designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs;
• using international rules of competition;
• that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Champions Cup.
The NPL is an important component of US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision to refine the landscape for competitive youth soccer. This vision recognizes that:
• properly-structured youth soccer clubs are the vehicle through which player development does and must occur in the United States.
• clubs should play in leagues that provide meaningful games, allow establishment of the proper training-to-game ratio, and eliminate calendar congestion.
• National Premier Leagues, as well as the best clubs, should be integrated in US Club Soccer’s id2 National Identification and Development Program, include Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and work closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development.
|ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:|
US Club Soccer is a non-profit organization committed to the development and support of soccer clubs and players in the United States. A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer maximizes flexibility and offers youth and adult player and staff registration, integrated competition platforms at the recreational and competitive levels, as well as a variety of other programming, including the Olympic Development Program-sanctioned id2Program and Player Development Programs.
Unique to US Club Soccer is the ability of member clubs to unite youth and adult programs within one organization, creating a "members for life" culture" within each club.