National Premier Leagues continue to expand with introduction of South Atlantic Premier League
CHARLESTON, S.C. (June 1, 2012) – US Club Soccer has announced the creation of the South Atlantic Premier League as the newest addition to the organization’s National Premier Leagues (NPL).
The NPL has been created to provide a unified, league-based national developmental platform with the highest level of competition in given geographic areas, and to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape based upon fundamental principles outlined in US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision.
Set to kick off in fall 2012 with U-13 and U-14 boys and girls divisions, the South Atlantic Premier League will include six member clubs:
• Atlanta Fire United (Ga.)
• Augusta Arsenal (Ga.)
• Charlotte United (N.C.)
• FC Alliance (Tenn.)
• Roanoke Stars (Va.)
• Triangle United (N.C.)
“FC Alliance is very excited to join the South Atlantic Premier League,” said FC Alliance Director of Coaching Josh Gray. “The league and the quality clubs that have entered it will enhance our club model for player development and provide our teams with great competition.”
“Triangle United is excited about the opportunity to participate in the South Atlantic Premier League,” said Triangle United Director of Soccer John Cirillo. “Each of the clubs involved in the league are well-recognized clubs with great leadership and great teams. Having these teams to compete against is only going to make our club stronger. We are looking forward to many great years of competition as the league develops.”
South Atlantic Premier League participating teams will play a regular-season schedule that runs from fall 2012 through spring 2013 with winning teams in each age group advancing to the 2013 NPL Champions Cup.
For more information on the South Atlantic Premier League, please contact NPL General Manager Chris Baer at email@example.com or (614) 783-2237.
|ABOUT THE NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES:|
US Club Soccer’s National Premier Leagues have been created to provide a national competitive developmental platform:
• focused on long-term player development;
• for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios;
• that allows players to be scouted and evaluated by U.S. Soccer National Staff and Technical Advisors;
• that is designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs;
• using international rules of competition;
• that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Champions Cup.
The NPL is an important component of US Club Soccer’s 10-year vision to refine the landscape for competitive youth soccer. This vision recognizes that:
• properly-structured youth soccer clubs are the vehicle through which player development does and must occur in the United States.
• clubs should play in leagues that provide meaningful games, allow establishment of the proper training-to-game ratio, and eliminate calendar congestion.
• National Premier Leagues, as well as the best clubs, should be integrated in US Club Soccer’s id2 National Identification and Development Program, include Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and work closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development.
|ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:|
US Club Soccer is a non-profit organization committed to the development and support of soccer clubs and players in the United States. A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer maximizes flexibility and offers youth and adult player and staff registration, integrated competition platforms at the recreational and competitive levels, as well as a a variety of other programming, including the Olympic Developmen Program-sanctioned id2 National Player Identification and Development Program.
Unique to US Club Soccer is the ability of member clubs to unite youth and adult programs within one organization, creating a “members for life” culture within each club.