The NPL is a national competition platform created to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape by:
- extending developmental principles espoused by U.S. Soccer into more age groups and clubs
- linking competition with player development and identification platforms
- providing meaningful weekly competition culminating in the NPL Finals
NPLs are leagues unified under one national competition platform and based on a common technical framework.
More specifically, the NPL provides a platform:
- focused on long-term player development
- for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios and eliminate calendar congestion
- integrated with the id² Program, which includes Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and that works closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development
- designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs
- that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Finals
NPL website: www.nationalpremierleagues.com
On the heels of a successful 2014-15 NPL Showcase (Girls), US Club Soccer announced plans to return to Palm Coast, Fla., Dec. 31, 2015 – Jan. 2, 2016 for a second edition of the showcase. The 2015-16 NPL Showcase (Girls) will also feature top U-15 through U-17 girls teams from around the country.
The NPL partnered with the Surf Cup and Jefferson Cup in August 2014 to provide top NPL teams slots at both prestigious national events starting in 2015. Read more here.
In March 2014, the first NPL Showcase event was held, featuring elite U-16, U-17 and U-18 boys teams in suburban Las Vegas. Read the full recap here.
The NPL Finals – formerly known as the NPL Champions Cup – features the champions of all 19 NPLs across the United States in the U-13 through U-18 boys and girls age groups. Teams play group games before advancing to knock-out rounds to determine the NPL national champion in every age group.
One of the most prestigious championships in the country, the NPL Finals is the targeted destination for all NPL teams throughout the year-long, league-based competition each season.
The 2015 NPL Finals was held at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind., July 9-13.