The NPL is a national competition platform created to elevate and change the competitive youth soccer landscape by:
- extending developmental principles espoused by U.S. Soccer into more age groups and clubs
- linking competition with player development and identification platforms
- providing meaningful weekly competition culminating in the NPL Finals
NPLs are leagues unified under one national competition platform and based on a common technical framework.
More specifically, the NPL provides a platform:
- focused on long-term player development
- for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios and eliminate calendar congestion
- integrated with the id² Program, which includes Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and that works closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development
- designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs
- that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Finals
The NPL Showcase (Girls) is coming to Palm Coast, Fla., Dec. 31, 2014 – Jan. 2, 2015. It will feature U-15, U-16 and U-17 girls teams at Indian Trails Sports Complex. Click here to view the accepted teams.
The NPL partnered with the Surf Cup and Jefferson Cup in August 2014 to provide top NPL teams slots at both prestigious national events starting in 2015. Read more here.
Top U-16 through U-18 NPL boys teams have until Nov. 1 to apply for NPL slots at the 2015 Jefferson Cup.
The NPL Finals – formerly known as the NPL Champions Cup – features the champions of all 19 NPLs across the United States in the U-13 through U-18 boys and girls age groups. Teams will play several group games before advancing to knock-out rounds to determine the NPL national champion in every age group.
One of the most prestigious championships in the country, the NPL Finals is the targeted destination for all NPL teams throughout the year-long, league-based competition each season.
The 2015 NPL Finals will be held July 9-13 at Grand Park in Westfield, Ind.
The 2014 NPL Finals concluded in July with a dozen teams winning national championships. For a full recap, list of championship results and multimedia from the event, click here.