Staff: Click here to complete the staff background check application.
Registrar Background Check Portal: Click here to find confirmation numbers for staff background check applications, as well as the status of a submitted application (NOTE: Background checks will not be made until you have requested and paid for a staff passcard). Only one individual per organization has access to this portal.
The status on this link is only for the background application, not for the US Club Soccer passcard. For fastest processing, please do not request staff passcards until you have a confirmation number, and please submit the confirmation along with the request.
WHO MUST COMPLETE A STAFF BACKGROUND CHECK:
All staff members who are required to be registered and are coaching players ages U-20 and below must complete a staff background check. This includes all coaches, assistant coaches and team managers assigned to a competitive team.
If your team is registered as a rec or super rec team pursuant to US Club Soccer Policies, minimally the head coach is required to be registered and complete a background check (see Player Rule 105 and Policy 11.01).
These staff members may not participate with a team until a background check is completed and a staff passcard has been issued.
WHEN THE BACKGROUND CHECK MUST BE COMPLETED:
The staff background check application must be submitted every two years – after July 1 in the year the passcard is to be issued or expires. Staff passcards will not be issued until the individual’s application is reviewed and approved. Rec coaches must complete an application in the first year they are registered via the rec roster.
- There is no charge for submitting the staff background check application.
- You do not need login credentials to access the application. Once completed, a new staff passcard and background check is valid for up to two years.
- You must complete this form yourself. Your registrar cannot do this for you. Any individual who completes an application on behalf of another individual is also subject to suspension or other discipline, and in addition may be subject to criminal or civil liability.
- You must include a valid email address with your application. Failure to do so may result in the inability to process your application.
- Complete the form in its entirety, read the language at the bottom, click I Agree, and submit. If you bypass any of these steps, the form will not be submitted.
- Once your club or team requests your staff passcard, the background check will be processed. Your registrar will be able to see when you have submitted your application and when it is approved but not the background check information. You should tell your registrar when you have completed the application and provide your confirmation number so that he or she can promptly request your staff passcard if that has not already been completed.
- We will contact you if we have any further questions or concerns. Please note that if we ask you for additional documentation, it will be kept confidential and not shared with third parties. Otherwise, after the background check is reviewed and cleared, your registrar will be authorized to print your staff passcard.
- Registrars are able to see which staff members have completed the staff background check.
- It is important to have staff passcards processed early in the registration year so there is no delay in receiving your player passcards.
Pennsylvania state ‘Child Protective Services Law’
The Pennsylvania state legislature passed a bill that requires all soccer staff working or volunteering in the state to obtain additional background clearances before they work with youth players. These are in addition to US Club Soccer’s background check requirements.
The bill – known as Act 153 of 2014 – modifies section 6344.2 of the Child Protective Services Law and is applicable to those in positions with responsibility for the welfare of a child or having direct contact with children (care, supervision, guidance or control of children, or routine interaction with children)
- Click here for more information and instructions
The submission of these clearances to US Club Soccer is also a requirement.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information on the US Club Soccer’s background check program, please contact your respective regional administrator.
Reference Services, Inc. (RSI) is the background screening provider for US Club Soccer. RSI is an NAPBS nationally accredited firm, which is the highest achievable credential in their industry, and are one of only 30 out of 800+ firms to achieve this accolade. This accreditation ensures that they are experts in the areas of criminal record data, compliancy, consumer protection and best background screening practices.
- Click here for a detailed breakdown of RSI’s security, assurance and compliance practices for pre-employment screening purposes.